For 2018, Atomic has totally revamped the Backland ski touring series with the extra versatility you need to stay busy in the mountains on a daily basis. With a 78mm waist and Ultra Light Woodcore, the Atomic Backland 78 is the lightest ski in the Backland touring series. It’s perfect for all alpine touring nuts out there, as it’s ultra light for climbing, but still performs dependably on the way down. In fact, the smaller waist width and All Mountain Rocker profile ensure total control at all times- even on hardpack and in steep icy chutes. The Step Down Sidewall construction absorbs shocks, gives the ski a robust feel underfoot, and ensures solid edge grip on all terrain. The AT Tip 2.0 cuts through difficult snow conditions and a cut out makes for easy skin attachment once you get to the top. The Atomic Backland 78 is a backcountry assault tool built for fast approaches and controlled descents in any terrain imaginable. Hut trips, glacier expeditions, high altitude skiing, local skimo projects, and daily touring are all on the menu.
- Dimensions: 114 - 78 - 103.5mm / R 17m
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra-Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- AT Tip 2.0
- Stepdown Sidewall Construction
- AMT Rocker: 15% Tip Rocker, 85% Camber. Provides the perfect blend of float and edgehold for the backcountry.
- 1250g/Per Ski (@169cm)
- MPN: AA0026638