With their great performance-to-weight ratio, Atomic's 2020 Backland skis are phenomenal hybrids: perfect for powder skiing and freeride ski touring, depending on what bindings you mount – and still stable on harder snow. They’re also built with Atomic's revolutionary HRZN Tech, bringing you more surface area for incredible floatation in the powder.
The 2020 Atomic Backland 107 is a backcountry ski that delivers the very best powder performance. It's the most freeride-friendly of the Backland ski series, with a wide 107mm waist, yet is still super light thanks to the Carbon Backbone, which runs over the entire length of the ski. The Powder Rocker (big in the tip and smaller in the tail) and revolutionary HRZN Tech in the tip for more surface area give it even better floatation, so it’s built for charging in deep snow and chop with total confidence. That said, with a Full Sidewall it’s also smooth and stable on harder terrain. Mount some new Shift bindings and Multifit Rocker Skins on this low-weight powder performer and it works great as a Freeride Touring ski.
- Ski Dimensions: 137 - 107 - 124 mm / R 18.5
- Powder Rocker Profile: 20% Tip Rocker / 70% Camber / 10% Tail Rocker
- Tapered Tip and Tail: Refined Five Point shaping promotes tracking in dense snow and versatile speed control.
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- Lightweight and highly resistant topsheets (made from 50% rapeseed oil)
- Stepdown Sidewalls: Sidewall underfoot for grip, cap at tip and tail for durability and smoothness.
- MPN: AA0027644