With their great performance-to-weight ratio, Atomic's 2020 Backland skis are phenomenal hybrids: perfect for powder skiing and freeride ski touring, depending on what bindings you mount – and still stable on harder snow. They’re also built with Atomic's revolutionary HRZN Tech, bringing you more surface area for incredible floatation in the powder.
The all-new 2020 Atomic Backland 107 is a backcountry ski that delivers the very best powder performance. It's the most freeride-friendly of the Backland ski series, with a wide 107mm waist, yet is still super light thanks to the Carbon Backbone, which runs over the entire length of the ski. The Powder Rocker (big in the tip and smaller in the tail) and revolutionary HRZN Tech in the tip for more surface area give it even better floatation, so it’s built for charging in deep snow and chop with total confidence. That said, with a Full Sidewall it’s also smooth and stable on harder terrain.
This pair of nearly mint condition Backland 107 skis comes pre-mounted with an equally near new pair of 2020 Atomic Shift MNC 13 touring bindings. The Atomic Shift MNC 13 is a game-changer: the world’s first binding with full touring and freeride capability in one. It’s a genuine tech binding for hiking complete with pins. Then flick the Hike and Ride switch to ski mode and it turns into a genuine freeride binding for the way down, compatible with all normed boots on the market – alpine and touring. So for the first time you don’t have to compromise when you’re touring or skiing – either by hiking with a heavy solution like frames or skiing downhill with pins. You get the best for both. And even better, you can also use it for your alpine skiing days with your normal alpine boot. Finally, one binding for everything! This is one of the hottest bindings on the market today, and this pair has only been skied on for a couple of runs and are in absolutely perfect condition. Comes with brakes.
Mounted for size 26.5. Will adjust to at least one size plus or minus without remounting.
- Ski Dimensions: 137 - 107 - 124 mm / R 18.5
- Powder Rocker Profile: 20% Tip Rocker / 70% Camber / 10% Tail Rocker
- Tapered Tip and Tail: Refined Five Point shaping promotes tracking in dense snow and versatile speed control.
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- Lightweight and highly resistant topsheets (made from 50% rapeseed oil)
- Stepdown Sidewalls: Sidewall underfoot for grip, cap at tip and tail for durability and smoothness.
- MPN: AA0027644
- DIN Range: 5 - 13
- Hike and Ride Switch
- Crampon Compatible
- Shift into hike mode: Open the Hike and Ride switch—releasing the pins—engage the brake-locking lever, position boot in pins, lock the binding, and step down to lock brakes
- Shift into ski mode: unlock the brake, then lock the Hike and Ride lever—putting away the pins—and step into the binding to engage
- Multi Norm Certified (MNC) bindings are compatible with all ISO-compliant boots on the market—Alpine (ISO 5355), Touring (ISO 9523), GripWalk and Walk To Ride (WTR)
- Boots with tech inserts required for hike (touring) mode
- Low-profile chassis with oversize platforms are easy to step into
- Self-retracting Freeski brakes help eliminate hang-ups
- Toe Height Adjustment
- MPN: AD5001958