Brooks-Range Mountaineering is a small company of mountaineers providing a selection of innovative, top-quality equipment for alpinists, backcountry travelers, and professional mountain and ski guides. Brooks Range equipment is designed to maximize your enjoyment and safety in the mountains. To insure the quality of BRM outdoor gear, these pieces are tested by some of the world's top mountaineering and backcountry professionals, ensuring that each specific Brooks Range item is purpose-designed and built for backcountry adventure to the highest of standards.
In the backcountry, form should follow function. That's why all BRM clothing uses:
• Gimmick Free Designs. Thanks to rigorous field-testing by professional guides worldwide.
• Advanced Fabrics. The lightest weight, highest thread-count fabrics available. Calendered fabrics deliver water resistance that won't wear out, and breathe like simple nylon.
• 800-fill Down. It's harder to source and pricier, but it delivers superior loft and insulation to keep you warm when it matters.
• Superior Construction. Every product has straight, tight seams that are double-stitched, over-lock stitched, or bar-tacked at critical zones to last and last.
When you’re at altitude, you want warmth without bulk or weight from your insulation. So Brooks Range built their Mohave Down jacket series using premium 800-power, DownTek® goose down. This nano technology creates a down fill that is water repellant with additional anti-microbial and anti-bacterial protection for long term durability DownTek™ help increase your protection from bad weather as well as our own body moisture while being active in the backcountry. The Mohave Down Hoody compresses into the smallest space possible when packed, but fluffs up as much as possible to keep you warm in the mountains. Best of all, its made for both men and women - because this is just about staying warm, comfortable, and carrying as little extra gear as possible. This down puffy jacket pulls right over everything else you are wearing for an instant surge of heat and protection, whether you're belaying high on a wall, or just shivering at the top of a peak while your partner skis first. This is both a technical and comfort piece through and through.
- Color: Nightfall Blue
- Shell Material: Lightweight 15d shell fabric
- Lining: 20d Nylon
- Insulation: 800+ Goose Down
- DownTek® technology
- Fill Weight: 6oz
- Baffled chest construction for increased warmth
- Attached insulated hood is helmet compatible
- Zipper chin guard
- Low bulk cuffs
- Rise Free arm construction
- Weight: 16oz