Brooks-Range Mountaineering is a small company of mountaineers providing a selection of innovative, top-quality equipment for alpinists, backcountry travelers, and professional mountain and ski guides. Brooks Range equipment is designed to maximize your enjoyment and safety in the mountains. To insure the quality of BRM outdoor gear, these pieces are tested by some of the world's top mountaineering and backcountry professionals, ensuring that each specific Brooks Range item is purpose-designed and built for backcountry adventure to the highest of standards.
In the backcountry, form should follow function. That's why all BRM clothing uses:
• Gimmick Free Designs. Thanks to rigorous field-testing by professional guides worldwide.
• Advanced Fabrics. The lightest weight, highest thread-count fabrics available. Calendered fabrics deliver water resistance that won't wear out, and breathe like simple nylon.
• 800-fill Down. It's harder to source and pricier, but it delivers superior loft and insulation to keep you warm when it matters.
• Superior Construction. Every product has straight, tight seams that are double-stitched, over-lock stitched, or bar-tacked at critical zones to last and last.
At only 12oz, the Brooks Range Light Armor men's hooded shell jacket still has the durability and features that will give you the confidence to tackle any outdoor adventure, from alpine climbing to backpacking and ski touring. Featuring Brooks Range's 30d Nylon with 20,000mm Waterproofness 20,000g Breathability and Flow Vent System, this hooded shell jacket removes extra heat and body moisture away from your core, while making sure your core is still fully protected from the elements. The women's Light Armor Jacket was also created with movement in mind. This jacket will enhance the users mid and base layers systems so they can create a comfortable internal environment in any weather conditions, all the while keeping you comfortable and dry.
- Color: Fiery Orange
- Constructed with 30D Nylon
- 20,000mm Waterproofness / 20,000g Breathability
- DWR finish for addition weather protection
- Fully seam taped for durability and weather protection
- Articulated elbows
- Rise free arm construction
- Asymmetrical cuffs
- Flow Vent System
- Removed the bulk under the arms for a better fit
- Vent at the front of the arm facilitates air flow when moving
- Back vents can be open to allow additional air flow
- YKK® water resistant zippers
- Slider covers
- Easy to grab zip pulls
- Internal zipper flaps for increased protection
- Designed to be worn over layers
- Helmet compatible hood
- Easy to grab cord adjustments
- Drawcord tunnels to eliminate cords flapping in the wind
- One chest pockets
- Two hand warming pockets
- Weight: 12oz