Not every day can be a powder day (we wish!), and the fact is you always have to deal with a range of conditions and terrain when out ski touring. For 2018, Atomic has made an all-new ski touring series with the versatility you need to stay busy in the mountains on a daily basis. Right in the middle of this new ski lineup is the 2018 Atomic Backland 85. They’re the perfect mix of durable all-terrain tool and lightweight uphill touring ski, ready for steeps, powdery crud, and icy chutes. The Carbon Backbone and Ultra Light Woodcore makes climbing a breeze and skiing really stable. The Backland 85 also features HRZN Tech in the tip for tackling the deep stuff when you can get it. The 85mm waist hits the sweet spot for snow versatility - wide enough for most new snow storms, and still narrow enough to feel agile, grip steeps like glue, and not hinder you on the skin track on the way up. The AT Tip 2.0 cuts through difficult snow conditions and a cut out makes for easy skin attachment once you get to the top. The Backland 85 is a perfectly balanced touring ski for everyone from advanced backcountry skiers to newcomers.
This near new pair of Backland 85 touring skis comes pre-mounted with a mint condition set of Look HM 10 demo pin-tech bindings. The Look HM 10 is the same exact binding as the Dynafit TLT Radical ST 2.0, simply rebranded as Look. It delivers elite downhill performance in a small and simple package. Burly enough for everyday use, light enough for day-long ascents, and user-friendly enough to work in the most reprehensible weather, the Look HM 10 is the binding you want underneath you when there are mountains to explore. The Look HM 10, as with the TLT ST 2.0, also offers both a 10mm forward spring pressure in the heel and a pivoting toe piece. These features deliver increased elasticity to reduce unwanted pre-release for confident retention when pushing your boundaries, while the frameless design allows natural ski flex for enhanced ski-ability and downhill performance. Built only from materials fit for the harshest of conditions, the 7075 Aluminium, High-Strength Synthetics and Stainless Steel all ensure you can focus on what’s important in the backcountry. This version also comes with an adjustable demo track under the toe piece, giving you additional versatility and positioning upon the ski. They will fit any size boot without remounting, and you can even change your mount position along the length of the ski depending on conditions and personal preference. This is the gold standard for serious backcountry skiers. DIN 4-10.
- Dimensions: 120 - 85 - 109.5mm / R 17m
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra-Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- AT Tip 2.0
- Stepdown Sidewall Construction
- AMT Rocker: 15% Tip Rocker, 85% Camber. Provides the perfect blend of float and edgehold for the backcountry.
- 1280g/Per Ski
- MPN: AA0026640
- Release Setting Range: 4-10
- Brakeset included
- Pivoting rotation toe piece
- Optimized Locking Lever
- 10mm forward pressure in the heel. Heelpiece is designed to maximize flex for excellent skiability and enhance elasticity to reduce the risk of unwanted pre-release
- 7075 Forged aluminum and CrMo steel components
- Two position Speed Step climbing bars
- Easy Lock brake system
- Crampon compatible
- TUV Certified
- Weight: 1570g per pair with brakes included
- Field of use: Alpine Touring, Freeride Touring
- Note: This is the demo version of this binding, which means it is adjustable in both the heel AND toe, increasing versatility and sizing options.