For 2018, Atomic has totally revamped the Backland ski touring series with the extra versatility you need to stay busy in the mountains on a daily basis. With a 78mm waist and Ultra Light Woodcore, the Atomic Backland 78 is the lightest ski in the Backland touring series. It’s perfect for all alpine touring nuts out there, as it’s ultra light for climbing, but still performs dependably on the way down. In fact, the smaller waist width and All Mountain Rocker profile ensure total control at all times- even on hardpack and in steep icy chutes. The Step Down Sidewall construction absorbs shocks, gives the ski a robust feel underfoot, and ensures solid edge grip on all terrain. The AT Tip 2.0 cuts through difficult snow conditions and a cut out makes for easy skin attachment once you get to the top. The Atomic Backland 78 is a backcountry assault tool built for fast approaches and controlled descents in any terrain imaginable. Hut trips, glacier expeditions, high altitude skiing, local skimo projects, and daily touring are all on the menu.
These will come packaged with a brand new, in the box pair of 2018 Dynafit TLT Speedfit tech AT bindings. Dynafit's TLT Speedfit Binding is a 310-gram, minimalistic ski touring binding that combines the characteristics of a lightweight, ascent binding with the advantages of a classic ski touring binding. The frameless touring binding with steel components is impressive with its improved power transfer, achieved with the bayonet closure at the heel unit. The heel unit can be adjusted to release values from 5 to 10. The TLT Speedfit binding has also 5mm of flex in both directions when it comes to the length adjustment. The Speed Step heel lifter functions beautifully and can be employed or deactivated on the fly with your pole. The excenter for locking the toe piece has been lengthened to again increase the simplicity of adjusting and locking the binding. Optional ski stoppers can also be attached (not included).
- Dimensions: 114 - 78 - 103.5mm / R 17m
- HRZN Tech: Blends an ABS sidewall construction with a revolutionary horizontal rocker profile to add 10% more surface area in tip and tail. This delivers less tip deflection and better tracking through chop and crud, without adding any swing weight, making it the best design yet for powder skiing.
- Carbon Backbone: An ultra-lightweight carbon insert that runs the length of the ski like a stabilizing backbone. This provides exceptional agility and edge hold with no extra weight.
- Ultra-Light Woodcore: A lightweight laminated poplar core that doesn't scrimp on power or stability.
- AT Tip 2.0
- Stepdown Sidewall Construction
- AMT Rocker: 15% Tip Rocker, 85% Camber. Provides the perfect blend of float and edgehold for the backcountry.
- 1250g/Per Ski (@169cm)
- MPN: AA0026638
- Manual Bayonet Lock
- Fixed Front Release
- Ice Breaker Pins
- Speed Step Climbing Bar
- Steel Components: Chromoly, Forged Aluminum, and Stainless Steel
- Weight: 310g
- DIN Range: 5 - 10
- Adjustable Length: +/- 5mm
- MPN: 08-0000048791